You must pay the dentist directly and then submit a claim for reimbursement to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company.. If the total cost of any proposed dental treatment is expected to exceed $500, you should ask your dentist for a detailed treatment plan, which you can submit to the insurer before treatment begins.
- Before visiting the dentist, obtain a claim form. You or your dentist can obtain a form directly from Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company. by clicking here or your dentist may have generic forms at his or her office. When you obtain a reimbursement, you should also receive a new claim form for future use.
- Ask the dentist to complete the appropriate section of the form.
- Afterward, complete your part of the form and indicate the policy number (Q056) as well as your employee number. Be sure you sign the form, even if the dental expenses were incurred by a covered dependent.
- Send the completed form to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company at the following address:
Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company
Dental and Health claims
P.O. Box 3950
Lévis, QC G6V 8C6
Eligible expenses for you and your dependents will be reimbursed directly to you.
Special rules for orthodontics
Notwithstanding all other claim provisions under this plan, orthodontic claims will be handled as follows:
- If a single charge is estimated for the entire course of treatment and you pay this charge to the orthodontist in prearranged instalments or in a lump sum, you will be reimbursed each time you submit a bill, certificate or receipt that specifies the expenses, the date and the nature of the treatment received.
- If, instead of a single charge, a charge is made for each treatment as it is performed, you will be reimbursed as each charge is incurred.
Deadline for submitting claims: April 30 of the calendar year following the year in which the expenses were incurred.